AdoptMatch believes that adoption works best when:
- There is transparency between all the parties involved
- Expectant Mothers are provided separate legal representation
- There is open dialogue about a specific plan for post-adoption contact between Expectant Mothers and Adoptive Parents
- Expectant Mothers receive the support and care needed to ensure an emotionally and physically healthy pregnancy, delivery and recovery
- Expectant Mothers are committed to consistent prenatal care and a substance-free lifestyle during pregnancy
- Adoption professionals are reasonably compensated for their services, but do not charge Adoptive Parents excessive fees
I have read and agree with AdoptMatch's Guiding Principles.